A Tale Of Two Cities
The Chamber proudly serves the Reno, Sparks and Northern Nevada region by collaborating for economic growth, creating new opportunities for our members and upholding pro-business ideals through the advancement of sound public policy. As the largest business organization in the area, we strive to be the leading business resource providing information and opportunity leading to profitability, advancement and a strong business economy for our members while supporting and promoting the uniqueness of our community.
You can read more about the Reno/Sparks area here, under our Community Profile. It has a brief history of the area, demographic and population data from the 2010 U.S. Census.
The Chamber Provides Visitors & Tourist Information
The Chamber, like many Chambers of Commerce across America, provide a wealth of information about the region. From hotels and housing, to restaurants and live entertainment – The Chamber has it all! We pride ourselves on maintaining a variety of tourist and general information for the public. We know all the sites in northern Nevada and we are glad to share these gems with travelers, citizens and visitors.
The Chamber Builds Programs to Grow Our Community
By uniting businesses, agencies, non-profit organizations and professionals, The Chamber seeks to improve our standard of living by being a community resource. Known as a sounding wall and a development platform, The Chamber is in the unique position to connect professionals to community leaders, government agencies, government advocates and many other business resources.
To carry out its mission to serve and support the business community effectively, The Chamber focuses on Five Core Competencies. Creating a healthy environment for businesses of every size is the core of our mission. The Chamber takes a stand to protect jobs and provide for greater prosperity in our community. We do this through advocacy, business networking, business development programming and community building. We are pleased to serve you as your Chamber of Commerce.
- Building a Strong Local Economy The Chamber is dedicated to helping our business members grow. The Chamber takes the lead in programs to create a strong local economy. The Chamber is the region’s leading advocate, champion, and resource for businesses and economic vitality. Sharply focused on the community’s critical priorities, The Chamber engages in policy advocacy, community engagement and leadership development, while providing a variety of programs and networking opportunities which help businesses achieve success.
- Promoting the Community The Chamber and the Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada (EDAWN) both support our community by encouraging businesses to relocate here, assist businesses who have already relocated and / or started here, and help promote the core values of our communities to those who call Northern Nevada home. With more than 40,000 unique visitors to our websites every month, our online promotional messages help present a positive market perspective and highlight our rich and diverse community
- Providing Networking and Business Development Opportunities The networking opportunities offered by The Chamber provide members the chance to interact with other business professionals and exchange ideas and referrals. More than 100 Chamber events are hosted & organized by The Chamber each year and attended by more than 10,000 professionals annually. The objective of hosting these events is to assist in building business relationships and business development opportunities. From business happy hours & mixers to major events & speaker forums, educational seminars & training sessions to our popular annual leadership programs, there are events that fit the priorities and needs of our business professionals.
- Representing Interests of Business to Government / Engaging in Political Action The Chamber works year-round on your behalf to ensure local and state elected officials are educated on the impact their decisions will have on our economy. Through communicating concerns to legislators and all government leadership from city to state levels and taking active roles in advocating for business, we are working for you. Creating a healthy environment for businesses of all sizes to succeed is a top Chamber priority, providing for greater prosperity in our community. The Chamber’s PAC (Political Action Committee) takes positions on state and local ballot measures, analyzing the impact each issue will have on local businesses and relaying this information to our members and the community.
- Improving the Quality of Life in Our Community The Chamber is an advocate of doing the right thing in giving back to the community, helping support scholarship programs, school bond initiatives, Community Compact and more. Our organization supports education, arts & culture and community pride & image to help make this a better place to live for all.